- How can I insure that I get tickets to next year’s event?
- What time should I arrive?
- Where should I park?
- Is the Polar Express™ handicap accessible?
- How long is the event?
- What are the most appropriate ages?
- Should I bring a stroller?
- My child has food allergies. What can we do about the cookies and cocoa?
- My child will turn two (24 months) on December 11, 2017. Do I need a ticket?
- May I bring my pet?
- How do we return to our car?
1. How can I ensure that I get tickets to next year’s event?
By donating a minimum of $100.00 before June 30, 2017 to the VCTF you will receive early purchase privileges for Polar Express™ 2017 tickets, order forms are mailed in mid-September and you may purchase up to 5 tickets at $30.00 each.
By sponsoring the event you may purchase tickets.
By volunteering your time for the Polar Express™ event you may purchase up to 5 tickets.
3. Where should I park?
Free parking is available at the Perkin’s Pier parking lot at the bottom of Maple Street on Battery Street. Handicap parking is available in the Cornerstone Parking Garage. Your car must display a handicap tag or it will be towed.
4. Is the Polar Express™ handicap accessible?
Yes. Handicap parking is available in the Cornerstone Parking Garage on Steele Street (from Battery Street, take King Street toward the lake, take a right on Steele Street, just past the Ice House parking lot). Your car must display a handicap tag or it will be towed. Please let us know upon which train you are riding and we will prepare the wheelchair lift as needed (firstname.lastname@example.org). The width of the interior doors on the train are 22 inches.
- 20 minutes waiting in the Wing Building and boarding
- 20 minutes on the train ride
- 20 minutes at the reading of the story
- 10-20 minutes waiting to see Santa for your bell
9. My child will turn two (24 months) on December 11, 2017. Do I need a ticket?
No. Children under 24 months on the dates of the event (December 9 & 10, 2017) do not need a ticket and are considered lap passengers. If you prefer they have their own seat, please purchase a ticket. If you would prefer to bring infants in a car seat carrier, please purchase a ticket as it will take up a seat on the train.
11. How do we return to our car?
Upon exiting Main Street Station at Main and Battery, please walk down Battery back to Maple to find your car in the parking lot. This makes you invisible to the children and families boarding the train who do not yet have their bells from Santa. Please help preserve the magic for all!