Cultural and Linguistic Competency Training
VCTF provides Cultural and Linguistic Competency training required for our Grantees each year. The dates for 2017 training sessions have now passed. Please check back in January 2018 for the next round of trainings.
Presented by: Maria Mercedes Avila, PhD.
- Demonstrate increased self-awareness of racial, ethnic and class biases.
- Define cultural and linguistic competency and indicate familiarity with the stages of cultural competency (or continuum).
- Describe the implications of demographic trends for health disparities.
- Identify links between racial and health inequities and disparities.
- Integrate National CLAS Standards into practice and service providing.
- Describe how cultural beliefs shape clinical encounters and patients’ health outcomes.
- Incorporate cultural and linguistic competence into service providing.
If you would like CEU’s for attending this training please indicate that on the registration form.